Wedding Belles - Be the Best Dressed Guest this Wedding Season•
Posted on March 15 2017
Wedding season is upon us, and for anyone on the hunt for the perfect wedding guest dress, you have come to the right place.
We have helped countless ladies slip into their ideal dresses for special occasions and we know how exciting but stressful it can be to find something fabulous for weddings.
With so many years of experience under our belt we wanted to share some tips with all of our wonderful customers that will ensure you look and feel fabulous for any Spring or Summer weddings you are attending this year.
- There is only one lady wearing white and it is not you. This is the golden rule of weddings, and although we rarely have to share this nugget with our customers, we couldn't leave it off the list.
- While we are on don'ts, be aware of the colour scheme. The invitation will usually hint at what shades to expect on the day and you do not want to be wearing the same dress as the bridal party.
- It is better to be overdressed than underdressed. If you think your look might be too casual, it probably is. When it comes to weddings it is better to get dressed up and look glamorous.
- Stay comfortable! Your dream dress may look amazing on, but will you enjoy wearing it 12 hours when your standing, dancing, eating etc? Nothing can ruin a day than feeling uncomfortable in your clothes and you don't want to wear something that feels a little tight in places, or needs adjusting every so often.
- Be adventurous. Be playful with prints, colours and accessories. Again this is a celebration so try out some styles that reflect that.
- Don't be a slave to the stiletto. We all love a gorgeous heel but weddings usually carry on until the small hours which can kill your feet. If you are wearing a pair of sky-high heels it might be a good idea to keep a pair of gorgeous flat sandals close by.
- Be prepared for Irish weather. We are never guaranteed sunshine so keep an eye out for some beautiful wraps and jackets that will enhance your outfit rather than take away or cover it up.
Now let's get to the good stuff, and look at some of the incredible dresses we have in store and online now, perfect for a Spring or Summer wedding.
First of all this colour is EVERYTHING! Secondly this dress ticks so many boxes including comfort. The flowing style won't cling so no spanx necessary and when you do want to slip on your flat shoes, no one will be any the wiser.
The Serena pencil dress is the update on a classic. It features delicate floral lace that is perfect for Spring and Summer and this colour is incredibly flattering. The sheer lace shows a little skin around the décolletage but keeps this totally classy with this silhouette.
When we talk about having fun with fashion, this dress does exactly that. The flirty skater style is so flattering and comfortable while the colour pops no matter what your surroundings.
If you are looking for a gorgeous get-up for a wedding or special occasion, browse our BEST DRESSED GUEST Coco Boutique is open 7 days a week on Clarendon Street in Dublin and you can shop 24/7 online.
Happy Shopping x
Transition in Style...
The thrill of a new season is in the air, and with it comes the promise of fresh, invigorating fashion to revamp your style. We're elated to presen...Read More
Ibiza Unveiled: A F...
Welcome to the vibrant island of Ibiza, where fashion and travel intertwine to create an unforgettable experience. It is without question one of my...Read More
Step into Classic E...
Are you a fan of designer fashion, like me? The timeless appeal of high-end apparel and accessories is simply unmatched in the fashion industry. An...Read More