Wedding Belles | Finding the Best Dress as a Wedding Guest•
Posted on March 11 2016
With the Spring season upon us, we are planning ahead for all of the wonderful weddings coming up. Nobody does weddings like the Irish, with celebrations starting early, ending late and sometimes lasting for a couple of days at a time.
Finding the perfect wedding outfit can be a challenge. You will most likely be looking at these pictures for years to come, and you want to be happy with what you see!
- Avoid the high street. You have spent hours picking the perfect pair of shoes and matching clutch, adding layers of jewellery, the last thing you want to see is someone else in the exact same dress! Visit independent retailers and boutiques to find unique and interesting dresses. High street stores usually mass produce their pieces, which means there is no telling how many other people could be wearing the same look as you.
- Know your style. A wedding is a great opportunity to be adventurous with colours and shapes, but know the style that suits you best and you enjoy wearing. If you are not sure what styles fit your personality, the best way to find out is by visiting CocoBoutique and trying on many different looks.
- Make sure you are comfortable. A wedding can be a long day, and even longer night, so make sure you are comfortable in what you wear. Avoid heels that could prevent you from hitting the dance floor, or a dress that’s too tight and will prevent you from enjoying the delicious meal. There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy yourself, but dreaming of your pyjamas at home.
- Don’t wear white! Unless a white dress code has been advised, avoid wearing all white, as that is usually what the bride is wearing. A touch of white or cream is usually nice, but balance it with some brighter colours or prints.
- Have fun with it! A wedding is a celebration, and your look can reflect that.
CocoBoutique have a large selection of beautiful dresses suitable for wedding guests. Check out our top picks here:
UPDATE: This post is from March 2016, check out the 2017 edit here.
Transition in Style...
The thrill of a new season is in the air, and with it comes the promise of fresh, invigorating fashion to revamp your style. We're elated to presen...Read More
Ibiza Unveiled: A F...
Welcome to the vibrant island of Ibiza, where fashion and travel intertwine to create an unforgettable experience. It is without question one of my...Read More
Step into Classic E...
Are you a fan of designer fashion, like me? The timeless appeal of high-end apparel and accessories is simply unmatched in the fashion industry. An...Read More